Prof. Ing. Bohuslav Veverka, DrSc. (en)
- born on November 1, 1945 in Prague,
- contact address : Přátelství 243/28, 104 00 Praha 10, Czech Republic,
- phone+fax : (+420 2)7196 2433,
- university address : Czech Technical University (CTU), Faculty of Civil Engineering (FCE), Department of Mapping and Cartography, Thákurova 7, 166 29 Prague 6, Czech Republic
- phone : (+420 2) 2435 4656, fax (+420 2)2431 0774,
- e-mail : <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 1960-1964 Technical School of Surveying in Prague,
- 1964-1969 Faculty of Civil Engineering CTU in Prague, study branch Geodesy and Cartography.
- 1969-1970 Kartografie n.p., Prague, cartographer,
- 1970-1974 TERPLAN Prague - State Institute for Regional Planning, programmer analyst and GIS software developer,
- 1974 -- present, Faculty of Civil Engineering (FCE CTU), Department of Mapping and Cartography, university teacher,
- 1989-1999 head of the Department of Mapping and Cartography
- 1997 -- present, Vice-dean for International Relations.
Academic degrees and titles
- 1969 -- Engineer of Geodesy and Cartography (Ing., equivalent to MSc.),
- 1981 -- Candidate of Geographic Sciences (CSc., equivalent to Ph.D.),
- 1984 - Docent of Cartography and Remote Sensing (Doc., equivalent to Assoc. Prof.)
- 1994 - Doctor of Technical Sciences (DrSc., equivalent to D.Sc.),
- 1996 - Professor of Cartography (Prof., equivalent to Full Professor)
Membership and activities in scientific councils, committees, boards, etc.
- 1984 - 1990 National Cartographic Committee of the Czechoslovak Republic,
- 1986 - 1994 Standing Commission on Advanced Cartography and Automation, International Cartographic Association (headed by E. Anderson, USA), corresponding member,
- 1989 - present, Head of the State Commission for Scientific Degrees in Cartography (CSc. degree program),
- 1990 - 1996, 1998 -- Scientific Council of the Faculty of Civil Engineering, CTU in Prague,
- 1990 -- present, Cartographic Society of the Czech Republic, founding member, chair of the Commission for GIS Technologies and Digital Cartography,
- 1991- 1993 Scientific Council of the Institute for Strategic Studies, Federal Ministry of Defense of the Czechoslovak Republic,
- 1991 - 1996 Scientific Council of the Research Institute of Geodesy, Topography and Cartography at Zdiby,
- 1991 -- present, Head of the State Commission for Scientific Degrees in Geodesy and Cartography (Ph.D. degree program),
- 1991 -- present, Faculty of Science of Masaryk University in Brno, University Branch Council for Cartography, Geoinformatics and Remote Sensing (MSc. and Ph.D. degree programs),
- 1993 -- present, European Committee for Education in Land Information Systems (EUROLIS), founding member (founded at East London University, directed from Technical University Delft, the Netherlands),
- 1996 -- present, Faculty of Science of Charles University in Prague, University Branch Council for Cartography, Geoinformatics and Remote Sensing (MSc. and Ph.D. degree programs),
- 1997 -- present, Supervisory Board of Geodézie ČS inc., Liberec (surveying company in Northern Bohemia).
- 2000 -- present, Spatial Data Standard Commission, International Cartographic Association (headed by H. Moellering, USA), corresponding member.
Membership in Governmental Commissions
- 1992 -- present, State Commission for Accreditation of university study programmes in Geography, Cartography and Surveying,
- 2000 -- present, head of the Commission 205 - Earth and Space Sciences, Grant Agency of the Czech Republic.
Germany (Dresden), Poland (Warsaw, Krakow, Karpacz, Wroclaw), Yugoslavia (Belgrade, Zagreb, Novigrad), Hungary (Budapest), China (Beijing), the Netherlands (Delft), UK (London, Sheffield), Russia (Moscow, St. Peterburg), Egypt (Alexandria, Cairo), USA (Huntsville, Atlanta, Washington), Canada (Toronto), Sweden (Stockholm), Denmark (Aalborg).
- KDO JE KDO v České republice na přelomu 20. století. Who is Who in the Czech Republic at the turn of the 20th Century, Agency Kdo je kdo, Prague,
- WHO IS WHO IN THE WORLD. Agency Marquis, USA, since 1997.